Technique Junkies

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mid Month Motivation: Water Stamping

***A public apology to Katy--I (Mynnette) thought I had scheduled this post before I left for the weekend last Friday and just realized today that I had not.  Katy, please forgive me!!!***

Hello Everybody!

To our friends in the U.S.--Happy Tax Day! :)  Hopefully you got a refund so you can buy some more crafty goodies!  If not-enter our challenge-you could be the winner of a 6X6 paper pad, a Distress Ink, and a new stamp.  And we invite our International friends to play too!

This month's technique is Water Stamping.  You can find the instructions and the DT's creations here.  The cool thing about this card is that I CASED one of the entries.  I chose Sarah Stone's card to CASE-Yay Sarah be sure to get your badge!

I really liked the sketch that Sarah used and her soft pretty colors.  I used the Water Stamping Technique in the middle panel like Sarah did.  From this picture you can see 2 flowers really well, but there was supposed to be another flower on top but it didn't come out.  I used Tim Holtz's Distress Stain for the middle panel but in order to get a good impression I think the stain still needs to be a little wet.  Thank you Sarah for the great inspiration! :)


There's still time to play-so I hope you link soon.  I can't wait to see what you create! 
Big Hugs!
Katy
*The original sketch that Sarah used came from Sweet Sketch Wednesday which she noted on her blog post.

1 comment:

sarahstone said...

Great card, Mynnette! I'm so honored that you chose my card to CASE! Thank you.